Call for Papers
The 17th International Conference on
DISCRETE GEOMETRY for COMPUTER IMAGERY (DGCI 2013)
March 20-22, 2013
The aim of the DGCI conference is to gather researchers in discrete models, discrete geometry and topology, with applications in image analysis and image synthesis.
Discrete geometry plays an expanding role in the fields of shape modelling, image synthesis, and image analysis. It deals with topological and geometrical definitions of digitized objects or digitized images and provides both a theoretical and computational framework for computer imaging.
This edition of DGCI follows the successful 2011 edition held in Nancy, France. DGCI 2013 is organized by the Andalusian Research Group Combinatorial Image Analysis of the University of Seville.
The main topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
- Models for Discrete Geometry(grids, discrete objects, discrete model properties, digitization schemes, metrics,...).
- Discrete and Combinatorial Topology.
- Geometric Transforms (image mappings, distance transformation, skeletons and medial axis,...).
- Discrete Shape Representation, Recognition and Analysis.
- Discrete Tomography.
- Morphological Analysis.
- Discrete Modelling and Visualization.
- Discrete and Combinatorial Tools for Image Segmentation and Analysis.
Conference proceedings will be published in LNCS series by Springer Verlag. Submissions must be in electronic form (PDF or PS) and should be uploaded through the DGCI 2013 website. Submissions will be peer-reviewed by at least 2 qualified reviewers.
- Full paper submission: September 14th, 2012
- Full paper notification: November 14th, 2012
- Camera ready submission: December 5th, 2012
Maria Jose Jimenez
Eric Andres (France)
Gunilla Borgefors (Sweden)
Srečko Brlek (Canada)
Jean-Marc Chassery (France)
David Coeurjolly (France)
Isabelle Debled-Rennesson (France)
Ullrich Köthe (Germany)
Annick Montanvert (President of SC, France)
Kálmán Palágyi (Hungary)
Gabriella Sanniti di Baja (Italy)
Ana Maria Pacheco
Lidia de la Torre
Contact & Further Information
17th IAPR International Conference on
Discrete Geometry for Computer Imagery
March 20-22, 2013, Sevilla, Spain